If you’ve noticed that it’s been pretty quiet around here lately, then your definitely on to something! Over the past few weeks I’ve been going through the process of moving Liv with Vision to a new platform. While this current platform has been great for the past year we’ve started to out grow it, so the time has come to put my big girl shoes on and step up!
I cant wait for you to explore the new site! Over the coming months we’ll be starting to add some more varied content and I’m super keen to start sharing a few of my favourite recipes. Liv with Vision was originally a platform I wanted to create to be a space for more than just interiors and I feel now I can do just that!
If you’re currently signed up to receive notifications through WordPress you’ll no longer receive these, however feel free to re-subscribe at our new site here.
A few weeks ago, hubby and I took a trip to LA to visit family, enjoy thanksgiving and spend a crazy amount of time shopping. I can honestly say we ticked all three boxes very successfully and had an incredible time doing so. Los Angeles is one city that has always been in my top five travel destinations, so I was a little scared I’d come away feeling I’d hyped it up to much – but no, LA delivered on every level and I can not wait to go back! Below are my top five highlights from the trip. If you ever get to go, I highly recommend them all – especially cycling Santa Monica at sunset!
1. Thanksgiving – this day really meant the most to us, because we don’t get to enjoy this holiday in Australia. The whole day was a wonderful experience and sharing it with our American family was the best part about it!
2. Santa Monica – From the get go I wanted to do this – but I never dreamed it would be as beautiful as it was. We hired bikes from one of many bike rental shops in the area, and then rode along the beach all the way from Santa Monica Pier down to Venice beach. We managed to time it just right so that we had a perfect sunset as we were riding back.
3. Disneyland – Would have to be the highlight for anyone who’s lucky enough to visit! We ended up being there on one of the busiest weeks of the year, but still managed to enjoy all the rides we wanted to. Feeling like we were stepping back into our childhood, we can say it really is the happiest place on earth!
4. The Grove and Glendale Shopping – It’s hard to find shopping this pretty in Sydney. There’s something about shopping in the States thats so different to here (even if I’m in the same stores). The open air malls, the people and the whole atmosphere is just different – and I totally love it!
5. LA Zoo – Going to a zoo in another country is a great way to get to know the local wildlife. Flamingoes, Brown bears, Jaguars and Condors were among some of the animals we’ve never seen in person before, so it was an unreal experience getting to see them all in the flesh!
I don’t know quite know why, but this weekend has got me really excited! It’s not even that we have anything particularly special planned – I’m just looking forward to sipping a glass of wine this evening, catching up with friends and enjoying a little break! But before all that, I wanted to share some of my favourite instagram accounts for this weeks Liv Loves. All for varying reasons, but each on really inspires me in various parts of my life – and I hope they can inspire you too!
1. My Handsome Online – This account features lots of design inspiration for the home and little ones. Half the time it’s just too cute!
2. Affordable Style Files – Great ideas for the home that are totally attainable, Hong is a designer and stylist with some great ideas for your home and beyond.
3. Julia h Engel – Is not only gorgeous but also has impeccable style. Julia authors a gorgeous blog while (what seems like) travelling all over Europe and the US 90% of the time. I absolutely adore this girl, could steal anything she wears, and as a bonus the photography is always beautiful too!
4. Nourish_Naturally – Is all about health and well bring. As a qualified nutritionist, Rebecca is all about a natural, balanced diet filled with lots of fruit and veg – and as a bonus, she also posts lots of photos of stunning tropical destinations
5. A Little Part Of The World – I’ve only started following this account recently, but Jess has a way with vignettes that is very inspiring to me…
What’s you’re favourite instagram account?
Happy Friday everyone! We are well and truly starting to say goodbye to winter now and lately I’ve been very inspired by all things spring. This time of year I love to get organised, and start to rearrange my home to cater for the warmer months. I’ve pulled together a few images to share with you today that will hopefully also inspire you!
Nesting tables to make life easier for entertaining…
A Relaxing outdoor space for balmy BBQ evenings…
Bread & Olives
Spring Dessert Treats (Strawberry, Rhubarb Pavlova – hello!!)
Bright colourful cushions
And this tutorial on pulling together patterns by Emily Henderson
What do you love about spring?
Today we’re celebrating all things French for Bastille Day! French Interiors can bring a number of different styles to mind, think: Shabby-Chic, Rustic French, or the glamour of Parisian style. All are unique in their own right, yet together tell a beautiful French story. I personally adore all things French, be it their style in the home, in fashion or in food – who could say no to a fresh, buttery croissant? So with that in mind, lets take a moment to honour this country who has given us so much to drool over!
Happy Bastille Day! x